Thursday, March 4, 2010

Talking about baking my own bread

I've decided to start baking my own bread. With everything that is in high fructose GENETICALLY MODIFIED corn syrup, how can I, in good conscious, give that to my family? It's easier than I thought. It just take up more time. The thing is, I want to be more self-sufficient. I want to know that I can feed my family if I need to. I want them to put god food in their bodies. Modern medical science has pretty much cured every disease that used to kill us, you know measles, pneumonia, bacterial infections etc. So we've invented a ton of new diseases like heart disease,cancer and diabetes to take their place. Plastics and chemicals are invading out blood stream. How can these companies keep making things that hurt us? All for the mighty dollar. It's really one of those things where we are going to have to take care of our own.
My question is, where do we go from here? When will everyone else see the bigger picture? We are becoming soft and lazy, relying on technology to make our lives easier, when really we are taking our own power away from ourselves. Does anyone else think that all of the chemicals and things we are putting into our bodies are what's causing a ton of our medical problems?
I feel like baking bread is just one small step towards getting the power back to feed my family.
We might be out of the wilderness, but everything in front of us is still wild, we just think we've tamed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment