Saturday, February 20, 2010

Talking about all of that plastic

I cringe every day at the amount of plastic I "throw away." Everything is wrapped in flipping plastic! Bread, tea bags, frozen vegetables, kids snacks, even the organic ones!!! Why is anything being made that we can't recycle?
So, I try to sneak it on with the grocery bags when I recycle them at the grocery stores. What the hell is the difference? It's a plastic bag. it's clean. Most of the time I use my own reusable canvas bags, but TIM often comes home with those crappy thin things and occasionally I over exceed the bags I brought with me and have no choice.
There has to be something better than all of this plastic. I think it is going to force me to start baking my own bread. We go through to loaves a week that would be two less bags a week. Maybe it's about getting back to living and not buying.
Why do they even allow something that's so bad for us to be made? Yet won't legalize pot? or prostitution? Those are probably way better for us than the lining in cans covered in BPA. Screw the hormones in the milk. Plastic is the reason 12 year old girls have boobs. Does nobody get it? really?
But how can we live with out it? Even though I wrap most of the stuff in my kids lunches with fabric bags, or waxed paper, you just can't avoid not putting orange slices in anything but a ziploc bag or tupperware. And ranch dressing for carrots. One place fabric doesn't work real well.
Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment