Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Talking about the day he cheated

TIM cheated on me. I was devastated, but it's not in the way you think. He knows I am so damn passionate about trying to be natural and not use any pesticides on our lawn or expose our kids to chemicals. We argued and argued about our lawn. He wanted it to look nice like the other neighbors. I don't want our kids exposed to ANY of that crap. I try to use hand pulling and vinegar for weeds. Pesticides are used to kill living things. Even though we aren't bugs, we are living things. You can't tell me they have no effect on us. If you say that they don't, you are fucking crazy. I was working in a hospital once where a teenager was brought in after having sprayed ant killer. He had organophosphate poisoning complete with seizures. After soiling himself and passing out, and he ended up with some some neurological deficits . It wasn't like he was huffing the stuff for anything either. It as just what his mother asked her 17 year old son to do.
There have even been studies ( no I don't have them sitting in front of me, it's a "they say" kind of thing.) that they reduce fertility ( hello rise in infertility!) suppress immune systems ( hello rise in immune disorders!) and even kill the nutrients in our fruit and veggies (hello health issues!). KILL LIVING THINGS.
So in a martial compromise and to head off divorce, we agreed to only treat the front yard and not the back. Well, Imagine my fucking surprise when I opened the shed looking for the kids kiddy pool plug and there was a 5 fucking GALLON bottle of weed killer hidden in the very back, cleverly behind some other things. He should have just had sex with another woman, in fact, It could have even been another man and I would have been less devastated. Seriously.
It was as if he ripped my heart out of my chest. He knew I really was dead serious about the entire thing. There was no sex in our house for a while after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment